It is important to take time to review your own work. It is easy to get caught up in the work of a client, and you may feel like you don't have time to look at your work. However, if you are not reviewing your own work, there will be problems with your clients' satisfaction with your performance.
There are many ways to deal with the problem of not taking time to review your own work in a job.
- Review work early and often.
- Set aside dedicated time each week for reviewing your own work and making corrections before sending it off to clients or other people who need it.
- Keep a detailed record of all of your work, including the date it was completed and what changes were made.
If these solutions still don’t work for you, here are some other suggestions:
- You can try asking your client if they would be willing to give you more time to do so. If this doesn't work, you can ask them if they would be willing to pay for a freelancer who will review your work on their behalf. If they agree, then find another freelancer and hire them to do the job (you can use Fiverr or Upwork).
- Another solution is to hire an assistant or subcontractor who will do this for you for a fee or on an hourly basis. This way, even if it takes longer than expected, it won't cost you much because you're paying someone else instead of doing it yourself.
Freelancer: Hi, I'm a freelance writer. I usually work on my own, but it can be hard to keep up with the workload. If you're willing to give me more time to review my own work, that would be great. But if not, then I'd like to hire an assistant who could review my work for me.
Stakeholder: That's fine with me!
Here is an Email example stating the problem of reviewing beforehand.
''Hey, thanks for reaching out. I'm glad to hear that you're interested in hiring me for this project!
I've been working as a freelance writer for a few years now and I have some experience with writing about [topic]. My work is always delivered on time and it's always of high quality.
The only thing I could imagine being an issue is my ability to review my own work. As a freelancer, there are times when I simply don't have enough time to check over my own work before sending it off to my client. This isn't ideal, but I try to mitigate the problem by hiring an assistant who can review my work for me before sending it off to clients.
If this isn't going to be an issue for you then we should be able to get started immediately!''