It's not easy to deal with an aggressive client, especially when you're just starting out. But if you can develop some strategies for handling them, you'll be able to stay on top of your game and keep the client happy.
Here are some tips for dealing with aggressive clients:
- Listen to them. Aggressive clients aren't always unreasonable, and they're often just looking for a way to be heard. Listen without interrupting, and you may be able to get their underlying concerns out in the open.
- Be firm but polite. If you don't give in to their demands, make sure that you're still kind when you say no. For example, "That's not possible at this time" is better than "No."
- Don't engage in a battle of wills with them.
- Keep your cool. If an aggressive client escalates their behavior, stay calm and focused on what's best for your company and its customers.
- If it seems like this client is just being mean for no reason, ask them if they have any suggestions or feedback that might help make things go more smoothly in the future.