Freelancing can be a challenge, but it can also be one of the most rewarding experiences you've ever had. The amount of freedom and flexibility that comes with working for yourself is truly liberating.
But when you're freelancing, you'll need to make sure that you are always communicating with your clients in a consistent manner.
Here are some ways to ensure your communication is consistent:
- Have a good working relationship with your clients. Clients who have worked with you before are more likely to remember your name, know what they can expect from you, and feel comfortable asking questions.
- Have an outline or document where all project details are listed in one place for quick reference. This will help prevent back-and-forth conversations about things such as deadlines and deadlines changes, etcetera.
- When sending emails or text messages, always keep them short and sweet--don't ramble on about things that aren't important! Your client will appreciate this because they will know exactly what they're going to get from you without having to read through large paragraphs of information.
- Make sure you have a method of communication between you and your client established before hiring them. This could be an email or text message, but it should be something that is easy for both parties to access at all times.
- Be responsive when clients reach out to you with questions or concerns about their project; this shows that their needs are important to you and that you're invested in the success of the project overall.